2020 MN Prime Promotor of the Year Award
The Minnesota Beef Council and the Beef Checkoff Program is seeking entries for its annual Prime Promoter of the Year Award, an award which honors an organization who shows outstanding promotion of beef throughout the year. This promoter must show how they have gone above and beyond to promote beef to consumers. If that is your group, or you know of a group that you would like to nominate, we’d like to hear from you.
Minnesota Prime Promoter of the Year Award Recipients Will Receive:
- Award Plaque presented at the MSCA Convention
- Publicity in state and local media Industry recognition and prestige
- $500 towards promotions for the next year
Who May Enter
This award is open to any local cattle producer organization, including local breed associations, FFA/4-H or other agricultural organization, and others who promote beef. They may apply directly or be nominated by others.
To ensure that your entry is given full consideration, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the Prime Promoter of the Year application form below. Additional pages may be attached.
- Beef it up! Attach any supporting materials mentioned within your entry that strengthen your submission, including but not limited to videos, photos of publicity efforts Digital images of displays are preferred to hard copies of large posters or banners.
- Solicit any customer or vendor feedback (letters of recommendation) to include in your entry.
Deadline to for nominations is November 6th, 2020
2020 Cattlemen of the Year Award
The purpose of the Minnesota Cattleman of the Year Award is to publicly recognize and reward an individual cattleman that has made a substantial contribution to Minnesota’s beef cattle community.
The Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Association (MSCA) through the Minnesota Cattleman of the Year award annually recognizes an individual cattleman that has demonstrated outstanding leadership and personal dedication to Minnesota’s cattle community. MSCA accepts nominations for the honor and presents the nominations to a selection committee consisting of individuals that are past recipients of the award. The announcement of the selection is made public at the annual Best of Beef Banquet during the MSCA convention in December.
Qualities and achievements shared by recipients of the Cattleman of the Year Award include, but are not limited to the following.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills that have made a positive and lasting contribution to Minnesota’s cattle community.
- Strong record of active promotion of the beef industry and a willingness to speak out publicly on behalf of the industry.
- Served in a variety of volunteer, appointed and elected positions of responsibility within Minnesota’s beef sector and at the national level.
- Served in volunteer, appointed and elected positions of responsibility within their local community and at the state and national level. • Well respected by fellow cattlemen, local community leaders, and government officials.
- An active participant in and supporter of the Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Association.
1. Be a resident of the State of Minnesota and member of the Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Association.
2. Be or have been a cattle producer within the State of Minnesota.
3. Be nominated by a fellow MSCA member or affiliated with local cattlemen’s association.
Mail completed nomination form & any supporting documents to:
Minnesota State Cattlemen's Association
Attn: Cattlemen of the Year Award
P.O. Box 12, Maple Plain, MN 55359
Deadline for nominations is November 9th, 2020.